[gecode-users] Calling Space::status() within a Brancher::commit() call

tommaso.urli tommaso.urli at uniud.it
Fri Oct 9 07:17:37 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I am working on an incomplete (heuristic) brancher for a model. The brancher focuses on feasibility: the goal is to finding a feasible solution quickly, regardless of its cost, according to a problem-specific heuristic. In my brancher I often assign several variables in the same branching step; I do this because as soon as I consider the semantics of the variables, it makes sense to group related decisions. However, since these variables can be interconnected by constraints, I'd need to do a propagation step in order to ensure that their domains are consistent between the assignments.

I am currently calling home->status() in the brancher's commit() method, which does what I want, however I am not sure whether this is advisable in general. I'd like some opinion from Christian or Guido regarding this.

Thanks,

---
Tommaso Urli, Researcher
Optimisation Research Group (ORG)