[gecode-users] argmin

Kish Shen kisshen at cisco.com
Wed Jun 24 22:49:43 CEST 2015

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the pointer. I assume as applied here, it is the index for
the variable(s) in x that has the minimum value.

I did not know (or at least remember) about argmin, and I don't know if
it is common knowledge, so perhaps a little more explanation in the MPG
might be helpful?

I assume there is no offset that can be specified for this constraint,
to offset the index, as is available for some of the other constraints?
That is, in order to get this constraint so that the index start from 1,
I need to add a dummy 0'th element to x?

I think argmin is min_index in GCAT? This is not mentioned in the MPG,
as is done for other constraints in the MPG, or am I missing some
differences between argmin and min_index? (GCAT's minimum is also not
mentioned for min)

Cheers,

Kish