[gecode-users] Boolean expressions: difference between ^ and !=

Kish Shen kisshen at cisco.com
Wed Jul 15 20:55:45 CEST 2015

Hi,

I am reviewing the documentation/updates I have made to ECLiPSe's Gecode
interface, and I noticed that for Boolean expressions, which are mapped
to MiniModel's BoolExpr, I have not implemented the non-equivalence
operator (!=).

I have implemented exclusive or (^). I am not sure how this is different
from non-equivalence -- both seem to be true if the
two sides are different, and false otherwise. Am I missing something?

Cheers,

Kish