[gecode-users] AFC of a Propagator

Christian Schulte cschulte at kth.se
Fri Jan 23 15:28:27 CET 2015

Hi Zoe,

I have an idea for a fix (a hack let’s say) but I think it will not fix the problem you are trying to solve. Let me try to explain: when your own propagator p triggers failure then there are two effects. One is that the AFC is counted for p (this is the fix you ask for). But the other effect is that if p had not been there some other propagator q might have triggered failure and the AFC of q would have increased. But now q’s AFC will not be incremented.

So, are you really sure that what you ask for will fix the issue? Because I’d hate to suggest a fix that will not solve the real problem anyway.

Christian Schulte, www.gecode.org/~schulte

Professor of Computer Science, KTH,  <mailto:cschulte at kth.se> cschulte at kth.se

Expert Researcher, SICS,  <mailto:cschulte at sics.se> cschulte at sics.se