[gecode-users] Adding IntActivity to space

Kish Shen kisshen at cisco.com
Tue Feb 17 07:21:56 CET 2015

Hi,

I am looking at using activity (IntActivity) when the search is done
outside of Gecode to ECLiPSe's Gecode interface. I have added support
for IntActivity when the search is done in Gecode, i.e. using a search
engine, but I had thought I can't support IntActivity outside because
IntActivity is declared with a fixed set of variables, while ECLiPSe can
dynamically add variables to the problem.

However, the ECLiPSe interface does provide a predicate (procedure) that
perform variable selection on a fixed set of variables, so I think
IntActivity can be added as a selection method here -- an IntActivity
can be declared for the set of variables being selected when the
predicate is first called.

Does this IntActiviity have to be added to my space class? The activity
applies globally, and is not specific to a space, but the IntActivity is
declared with space as an argument along with variables for that space.
If it needs to be added to the space (with a IntActivity* in the space,
set to NULL if IntActivity is not used, I assume?) How should it be
copied when the space is cloned?

Does this look like the right way to do it?

Thanks in advance!

Kish