[gecode-users] Slow performance on large domains before branching

Matthias Goldhoorn matthias.goldhoorn at uni-bremen.de
Mon Aug 31 08:46:24 CEST 2015

Hello Developers and Users,
i have a quite big domain/searchspace.
However gecode performs currently well and solves my problem. But i
recognized a strange behavior.

Berfore ma actual branching/search starts, gecodes does a lot of
internal calculations. I'm not sure if i have done the setup wrong of if
there is some optimization that i can do?
I attached [1] a picture of the most time and instruction consuming
calls. Maybe somone can give me a recommendation where i can start tuning..

Setup (class instanciation and bracer setup ~15 sek)
first call of BAB until code-flow reaches my first (self written)
brancher: ~3min
Actual branching/searching: 10sek.
Overall Memory consumption ~5GB

Best Regard,