[gecode-users] circuit constraint: differences between ICL_DOM and ICL_VAL

Kish Shen kisshen at cisco.com
Wed Aug 26 20:30:28 CEST 2015

I am writing more unit tests for our Gecode interface, and for the
circuit constraint (without costs), I would like to write tests for the
supported propagation levels (ICL_DOM and ICL_VAL), and see some
difference between the two levels, but I am unable to do so:

I tried with circuits with up to 7 nodes, and then assigning a value to
one of the nodes. For both ICL_DOM and ICL_VAL, and both seem to produce
the same domains for the variables. Is this expected? If so, what do I
need to do to get a difference between the two propagations?

If the propagation is supposed to be different, this may indicate there
is a problem in the interface and the constraint is not actually posted
with the stated propagation levels...

Thanks and cheers,

Kish