[gecode-users] Dynamic Branching Support?

Matthias Goldhoorn matthias.goldhoorn at uni-bremen.de
Tue Apr 14 08:29:45 CEST 2015

Good morning and thanks for your Answer first,

I already read the Section B, my problem is that i still want to use the
variable-based branchers within my own brancher.
My question therefore is how can i add a local instance of a brancher in
my self-written brancher?
As i understood i cannot call branch(...) inside my own brancher.
Because this would register the brancher on the Space.
I need a way to instanciate the brancher and then call the 'child'
brancher in choice/commit/(status) function from my brancher.
Can you give me a hint howto create a brancher for this?

I tried to change the brancher for my space, but unfortunately the
brancher(id) function are pure private to space. Therefore it seems to
forbidden to do this on the space directly.

Regarding AFC, as i understood it does not change the layout of the
search tree (which on the other hand would be the case if i write a own
brancher). It only searches for another node to continue the search. I
Still want all solution for my 'problem'. Therefore AFC might (from my
understanding) not the way to go?

Best,
Matthias

  E-Mail:   matthias.goldhoorn at uni-bremen.de