[gecode-users] question about branching and diversity between solutions

Chd Orti richard.portell at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 16:54:12 CET 2014

Hello,
I have an array of size 100.
I have some constraints that I implemented for that array but they are not
big constraints, which means there are a lot of solutions for the problem.

I have issues with the branching. Basically what I want is to have the
biggest diversity for the values at 2 levels :
- biggest diversity within the same gecode generation (which would mean,
use the maximum range for each variable)
- biggest diversity between 2 gecode generations (I would like to have
completely different results with the same problem if I solve it again with
gecode).

For now, only
*branch(*this, myArray, INT_VAR_RND(r), INT_VAL_RND(r));*
has given me good results but it takes ages to compute for a simple problem.
I have tried some of the other branching options but its very regular
solution and almost the same between 2 generations .

Would you have some ideas to achieve that?
Cheers,
Richard