[gecode-users] allocated() virtual member function?

Joseph Scott joseph.scott at it.uu.se
Tue Nov 4 15:46:56 CET 2014

Hello,

I have a quick question about a propagator with heap-allocated memory. I understand that it needs to be registered for disposal, via AP_DISPOSE. But I’m a little confused by the “Reporting allocated memory” paragraph in MPG (Section 30.2, p. 361), which states that any propagator allocating non-space memory “must implement the virtual member function allocated()”.

I’ve looked, but it seems like the allocated() member function has been removed (maybe as part of the change to peak memory tracking in 4.2?). Is it safe to assume this paragraph no longer applies? Or do I need to report the propagator’s allocated size somewhere else?

Thanks!
Joe