[gecode-users] Boost and ABI

David Rijsman David.Rijsman at quintiq.com
Wed Mar 26 14:41:32 CET 2014

Dear All,

I am upgrading to Gecode version 4.2.1 (from verion 3.7.2) compiling on Visual 2010 and get an error that the compiler can not include:

gecode-4.2.1\include\gecode\third-party\boost\config\abi\msvc_prefix.hpp

I can get rid of the error by defining the preprocessor definition BOOST_DISABLE_ABI_HEADERS which is only safe if Gecode does not expose any of the boost data types (I am linking Gecode into a project that already is linked/using boost).

Does Gecode indeed want me to define BOOST_DISABLE_ABI_HEADERS or am I missing something (other than the header file)?

thanks,

David J. Rijsman
R&D Optimization Lead
Quintiq