[gecode-users] Reification of the extensional constraint

Guido Tack tack at gecode.org
Sun Jun 15 04:05:51 CEST 2014

Hi,

you're right that you'd have to implement your own propagator for that.  Before you do that you should check if you actually need full reification (i.e. b <-> c) or if an implication would be enough (b -> c).  In the latter case, you don't need to implement the negation of c (where c is your extensional constraint).

If you implement the full version, negating a DFA is (in principle) easy, just make all accepting states rejecting and all rejecting states accepting.  In the Gecode representation the rejecting states aren't represented directly so you'll have to work around that a bit.

Guido Tack
http://www.csse.monash.edu/~guidot/