[gecode-users] How to find my problem?

Gilberto Cuba Ricardo gcubar2005 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 18:59:09 CET 2014

Hi Tommaso,

You give me a insight. When a node is stable? I suspect that I have this
kind of problem; because when I run the application its return quickly that
not have solution. My Space is not configured with
GECODE::Search::TimeStop, to return a quick response that there is no
solution. I have other restrictions that take more time for response, and
as I have set them a reasonable stop time to 1s, these returnees have no
solution.

I followed the suggestion of Guido, and I rationally targeted restrictions
that create the problem under certain conditions. However, not
able to determine the real sense of it.

Is there any validation on engine to return quickly not have solution?

Thanks.

> Hi Gilberto,
>     as far as I know, there is a status() call (which triggers the
> propagation) as soon as your model is posted (and before any branching is
> done), this is because all nodes of the search tree should always be
> stable, including the root node. A Guido suggested, the best way to debug
> a model is to turn off one constraint at a time, and figure out which one
> is causing the failure. This is easier if you have side constraints, but
> you can do it with any kind of constraint.
>
> Cheers,
>
> ---
> Tommaso Urli, Researcher
> Optimisation Research Group (ORG)