[gecode-users] g++ v4.2 dependency

Guido Tack tack at gecode.org
Wed Oct 9 23:50:17 CEST 2013

Hi Martin,

there were bugs in gcc 4.1 that resulted in incorrect code, especially the set constraints were affected by this.  You can of course simply change the check in configure.ac, but I can't guarantee that the resulting code works.  You could run the tests and see if they fail (I think they just used to go into an infinite loop somewhere for the sets).

I haven't built with gcc 4.1 for a long time so I'm not even sure it compiles any longer.

Alternatively, perhaps you can build a fully statically linked version on a newer system.

On 09/10/2013, at 10:09 PM, Martin Mann <mmann at informatik.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:

> Hi Gecoder,
>
> I am currently facing the problem of compiling Gecode 4.2 on a very old system featuring g++ v4.1.2 only.
>
> What was the reason for the g++ v4.2 dependency and is it possible to ignore/disable it? I am "only" needing the following modules
>
> - minimodel
> - int-vars
> - set-vars
> - search
>
> no QT, Gist, etc. needed..
>
> Thanks for thinking about it.
> Martin
>

> --
> Dr. Martin Mann, Postdoc
> Bioinformatics - Inst. of Computer Science
> Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg
> Tel: ++49-761-203-8254
> Fax: ++49-761-203-7462
> http://www.bioinf.uni-freiburg.de/~mmann/