[gecode-users] peak memory value

Yong LIN elinyong at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 14:46:48 CEST 2013

Hi All,

I understand the how adaptive recomputation works, but I still have a
question regarding the peak memory usage of adaptive recomputation.

For the Ortho-Latin problem, I ran the script by the following two command
line respectively:

1.   ./ortho-latin  -c-d 8 -a-d 2 -solutions 1

2.  ./ortho-latin  -c-d 10000 -a-d 2 -solutions 1

These two commands explore the exactly same search tree. It is expected
that the first run will place a bit more space copies within the search
tree than the second, and thus have a larger peak memory value. However, I
checked that the peak memory usage of the first command is 1319 K; the peak
memory for the second command is 1511K. How do you think about it? Thanks!

regards,
Lin

For the search tree information of ortho-latin:

peak depth: 46
first solution found at level: 44
first failure happened at level: 22
All failures happened at deeper level than the first failure.