[gecode-users] Getting ID of actor failing a space

Christian Schulte cschulte at kth.se
Wed Mar 13 21:12:47 CET 2013

Hi,

@David: nifty idea, never thought of that.

There are several possibilities here of how we could help:

 - Merge Groups in the release version: here you get a lot of control over
how propagators are executed, the idea you can find here:

http://web.it.kth.se/~cschulte/paper.php?id=LagerkvistSchulte:CP:2009
  We thought whether this should be part of Gecode 4 (which will be released
tomorrow, most likely) but decided against it as we do not have any killer
applications right now.

 - Make Gecode's testing infrastructure accessible (documentation, make
available as library). The testing infrastructure is very powerful and we
know from experience that if the tests are well-designed you hardly ever
miss a bug in a propagator.

Would any of this help? Both are quite some work and we are really exhausted
after Gecode 4 (the new features are cool, though).

Christian Schulte, www.ict.kth.se/~cschulte/