[gecode-users] Getting ID of actor failing a space

Dirk Schnorpfeil d.schnorpfeil at web.de
Wed Mar 13 17:37:29 CET 2013

Hi folks!

First let me introduce myself to the list:
I am a software developer for scheduling and planning systems working for a
small company in germany. As i love gecode i put it into the heart of the
scheduling system i am currently working on. From the use of gecode the
following question came up to me:

When using gecode in practice with large models (many many constraints) it is
sometimes hard to find out why a space is failed. This comes esp. true when
you implement new propagators or branchers and when you debug them (they dont
fail the space but because of a bug in the newly added propagator another
constraint failes...)

I often wished a functionality that lets me tag all actors (propagators,
branchers) with an ID while posting them and when a space is failed i could
simply by retrieving that ID (of last executed actor) get some idea which
constraint failed the space.

Is there some functionality or is there even a better way to do this?

Many thanks in advance!

Dirk