[gecode-users] Using IntActivity with space

Kish Shen kisshen at cisco.com
Mon Jul 15 05:12:43 CEST 2013

On 11/07/2013 11:25, Christian Schulte wrote:
> Hi Kish,
>
> As said, don't wait up for Activity with dynamically adding variables...
>
> Yes, activity information must be initialized (either by restarts or even
> better by randomized probing) to be useful.

Could the initial value be the degree like in AFC?

> Yes, recomputation has an effect on activity. But that's okay, activity is
> just a measure and does not need to be 100% accurate.

I know it is just a heuristic measurement, but counting recomputation
seem to introduce some bias, but more importantly, doesn't this mean
that the values will change with different amount of recomputation,
which can then lead to different variable selection?

Cheers,

Kish