[gecode-users] failed to link with branch

Gustavo Gutierrez gustavo.ggutierrez at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 00:25:15 CEST 2013

Hi Ronen,

I think the problem can be related to the linker and the standard library
used to build gecode on the mac. The std::__1:: usually means that you are
using symbols from libc++. What I would do is to make sure you are using
clang (and not gcc) to build gecode. In general make sure that you are
using the same compiler you build gecode with.

If you used clang (the default c++ compiler for some versions of MacOS) be
sure to pass -stdlib=libc++

Cheers,
Gustavo

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 5:19 PM, Ronen Shouker <rshouker at gmail.com> wrote:

> > [snip]
> > ... I have one error during link:
> >
> > Undefined symbol 'Gecode::branch(
> >   [snip]
> >     std::__1::basic_ostream<char,std::__1::char_traits<char> >&
> >   [snip]
> >

> After using nm to inspect the dylib:
> it seems that those __1:: that for some reason appear in the error message
> (and therefore where produced by the compiler) are not in the gecode dylib.
>
> Any Clues?

Gustavo Gutierrez