[gecode-users] Problem with rev13418 performances

Christian Schulte cschulte at kth.se
Tue Feb 26 15:58:21 CET 2013

That's what happens when you use the trunk, you should never, because, yes,
it is the trunk and not a release ;-)

The difference is easy to explain though. The instance you have chosen does
not have a search annotation in it, so Gecode picks some default search
(which for this type of problems is a desaster anyway). And we just changed
the default search behavior for the upcoming Gecode 4.

But then there is another observation: Did you compile both versions with
exactly the same flags? I doubt. Please check this.

Christian Schulte, Professor of Computer Science, KTH,
www.ict.kth.se/~cschulte/