[gecode-users] Identifying a view

David Rijsman David.Rijsman at quintiq.com
Wed Feb 13 11:36:12 CET 2013

Another question on how we can do this best. Imagine I have a precedence constraint:

void Gecode::precedence(Home home, IntVar x, IntVar y, int lb, int ub, IntConLevel=ICL_DEF )

Post temporal propagator that maintains lb <= x - y <= ub

This will invoke

Precedence::post( Home home, View x, View y, int lb, int ub )

and this will update the shared handle to some shared distance graph. In the distance graph we maintain a graph which has vertices for each view.

What is the best way of mapping a view to a vertex in this graph, that is how can identify a view to see if it already has been mapped into a vertex in for example a graph?

Posting a new precedence constraint has to extend the graph with vertices for the views if they do not exist yet and add or update the edges between these vertices.

any ideas?

David J. Rijsman
Algorithm Lead
Quintiq