[gecode-users] Branching decision updates an existing propagator

David Rijsman David.Rijsman at quintiq.com
Tue Feb 12 16:21:54 CET 2013

Hi All,

I am wondering if there is pattern to be used if I have a propagator which can be fed with new information by a branching decision.  Specifically I have a temporal propagator maintaining a temporal network and if a branch decision is to introduce a new precedence relation (ordering between two views present in the network) I would like to forward this information to the temporal propagator.

I was thinking of maintaining a unary relation to my temporal propagator in my extended space, this relation might become null when the propagator is subsumed. I also need to introduce a post precedence constraint API on my extended space which notifies to temporal propagator of the new precedence constraint. This API on the space can then be invoked by the brancher.

Would this be the best way of doing something like this?

David J. Rijsman
Algorithm Lead
Quintiq

T +31 (0)73 691 07 39