[gecode-users] IntVar::IntVar: Attempt to create variable with empty domain.

Jose A Magaña jose_a_magana at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 24 19:43:35 CET 2013

Hello,

    I am using Gecode to solve Conway Game of Life. It is an assignment for
the CSP course I am following at University.

    My code is working correctly without any problems except for the trivial
case.
    The objective is for a given initial solution add checkers to a board
until the configuration is stable (according to some neighbourhood rules).
     The point is that when the initial solution is already stable I get an
exception: IntVar::IntVar: Attempt to create variable with empty domain.

     The problem uses IntVar in the domain {0,1} and basically formalizes as
constraints relationships on the number of neighbours with certain
conditions depending on the 0/1 value of the cell.
     I have found unsatisfiable cases where the same exception also occurs.

    What kind of issues/conditions may cause this exception?

      I am using version 4.2.1 in Windows.

         Thanks in advance

              Jose A. Magaña