[gecode-users] Segmentation fault while creating an expression

kTorpi ktorpi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 14:20:09 CET 2013

Dear all,

I'm building a model in which I create lot of Vars, and also complex
expressions (that actually Vars too) using the minimodel module.
Unfortunately after a while I get a segmentation fault from Gecode.

The line that causes the fault is
   Gecode::expr(solver, left + right)
where solver is my Space, and left and right are IntVars (IntVar
references), which can be also a result of a similar line above, or just
simple "leaf" IntVars.

And the line from which the segafult comes is support/heap.hpp:554, in
which the d pointer seems to be NULL or a wrong address (
http://kepfeltoltes.hu/131203/fault_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png).

Please, could you tell me something about this errors? What could cause it?
Am I using Gecode in a wrong way?
I use Gecode version 4.2.1 (same thing happens with 4.1.0), g++ 4.7.2, 64
bit linux.

Thank you for your help!

Steve