[gecode-users] Populating a parsed FlatZinc model with data programmatically.

Hugh Ferguson hugh.ferguson at nzqa.govt.nz
Thu Aug 22 04:50:47 CEST 2013

I have looked through the guides, the API documentation, and the examples,
and I haven't been able to find an answer to this question. Apologies if I
have missed something obvious.

I have to build a system capable of solving literally hundreds of different
but similar problems. In some cases, the peak volume is fairly high - on the
order of 50K instances per day. Fortunately none of the instances will be
large - less than 100 variables.

I am investigating defining the problems in FlatZinc files (constraints
only), but programmatically populating the parsed models with data. I want
to avoid the overhead of generating and then parsing a complete FlatZinc
file (constraints + data) for each instance.

Having looked at the documentation, with my limited knowledge of C++, I get
the impression that it is possible to do this. Can anybody confirm my
impression?

Thanks