[gecode-users] Resetting the AFC of a variable

Andre Augusto Cire andrecire at cmu.edu
Wed Apr 17 18:15:21 CEST 2013

Dear All,

I am currently implementing a restart-based search in Gecode using
accumulated failure count (AFC) as the variable selection criteria. Due to
the particular structure of the problem I am solving, it would be quite
advantageous to perturb the AFC of certain variables according to some
other information I collect during search.

Is there any simple way to forcefully change the AFC of certain variables
before each restart (i.e., at the master(...) of a Space), or at least
reset all of them to 0?

(I couldn't find this in the documentation, and I'm really sorry if it is
indeed there).

Thanks a lot for your help,
Andre