[gecode-users] Problem for modeling

christine bouzant christine.bouzant at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 10:44:55 CEST 2013

Dear all,

I am wondering if you could you help me to make my model ?
I put in attachment a small document to explain what i would like to model.
Here are some explanations:

I would like to find 2 cars : Car1 and Car2.
The domain for Car1 is [0,1].
The car number 0 must have a conductor COND1 (people domain is [0,1,5]) and
an other person OTHER1 (people domain is [0,1]).
The car number 1 is not the same car model. It must have only the conductor
COND1 (for this car number, the people domain is [0, 5]).

The domain for Car2 is [2,3].
The car number 2 must have a conductor COND2 (people domain is [7, 8]) and
an other person OTHER2 (people domain is [6, 9]).
The car number 3 is not exactly the same car model. It must have the
conductor COND2 (for this car, the people domain is [7, 8, 12]) and the
person OTHER2 (domain is [6, 15]).

Moreother, i would like to have the constraint that each people chosen in
cars are distinct.

I have no idea how to model this since the car configuration (COND or/and
OTHER) and the people domain depends of the car number selection...

Many thanks for your help !

Cheers,
Christine