[gecode-users] Number of branches/choices

Christian Schulte cschulte at kth.se
Tue Oct 23 16:50:19 CEST 2012

Hi,

So we could say that every edge (corresponding to an alternative) in the
search tree is a decision made during search (even though the branching in
the parent node defines all alternatives directly below).

Then, if we are talking binary branchings only, we all know that the number
of edges #e is the number of nodes #n minus 1. The total number of nodes #n
is the number of nodes reported plus the number of solutions and failures.
Voila!

Christian Schulte, www.ict.kth.se/~cschulte/