[gecode-users] Random Behavior

Guido Tack tack at gecode.org
Fri Jun 29 12:22:58 CEST 2012

Hi,

there are three features in Gecode that can result in nondeterministic behaviour: parallel search, search strategies based on AFC, and nonmonotonic propagators (currently circuit and nvalues).  If you don't use these features, the search trees will be exactly the same between runs (even for randomised strategies, as long as you don't change the random seed).

Guido Tack
http://www.csse.monash.edu/~guidot/