[gecode-users] Counting clones

Marco Correia marco.v.correia at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 18:53:32 CEST 2012

Hi,

I suspect the answer to the following question should be somewhere in
the MPG document, but I was unable to find it - apologies if this is the
case.

I am interested on obtaining the number of clones for a specific example
when subject to different value for the c_d parameter in the context of
a DFS search. I believe gecode used to report this value in the
statistics, but now it seems there is a specific class CloneStatistics
which should be updated as search proceeds. I fail to see how to pass an
object of type CloneStatistics to the DFS search object. Also the
Space::clone() member function (which seems to be the only place where
this object can be updated) is not virtual, and therefore cannot be
intercepted in my subclass of Space (is this correct?). So I tried
another approach, which was simply to count the number of times that my
copy() function gets called, which I thought should tell me the number
of clones. Now I think I'm wrong since this number always reports the
same number of clones for different values of c_d.

Obviously I'm making some mistake. Any hints?

Thanks!