[gecode-users] FloatVar with Gecode 3.7.1

Sam Yoffe sam.yoffe at gmx.co.uk
Wed Feb 8 00:32:33 CET 2012

Hello,

 I am new to gecode, and having played around with some of the examples I am blown away with how powerful it is. I realise this is a fairly old question so I'm sorry if this has recently been answered elsewhere, but I can't seem to find any answers which are not several years old. I would like to use floating point variables with gecode. I found floatvars over on google code, but their install instructions seemed to be for gecode 2.2 whereas I would like to continue using 3.7.1 if possible. I couldn't seem to get the same installation method to work, even when building from source with the --enable-float-vars flag. I also found Gecode::FlatZinc::AST::FloatVar and managed to get it to compile, but I couldn't do much with it. Also, it seems to require an integer in its constructor, is this just an identifier? I found several references in old threads to the Boost libraries, which I don't currently have installed. Is this required?

 I was wondering whether floating point variables has been implemented in gecode and, if not, what the best way to go about adding them is? Apparently I need it spelling out!
 I am on Mac OS X 10.6, using g++ version 4.2.1.

 Apologies again if this has already been answered.

 Kind regards,
 Sam