[gecode-users] thanks very much

Matthew Kitching matthew.kitching at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 16:03:37 CET 2012

Thanks very much for your previous answers. They were very helpful.

I just wanted to have someone double check that I am using gecode
correctly. The goal is to assign every value-variable combination as a
preprocessing step, and collect data on the domain reduction on FlatZinc
instances.

Basically, I for every value, I am doing the following code for
variableIndex and valueIndex:

FlatZinc::FlatZincSpace* newProblem =(FlatZinc::FlatZincSpace*)(
problem->clone());
rel(*newProblem ,newProblem ->iv[variableIndex ],IRT_EQ,valueIndex,ICL_DEF);
newProblem->status();

My question is whether cloning the problem each time is the best course of
action? I am avoiding branching and choices, although I am not sure whether
cloning the problem is more expensive than creating branchers and choices,
and using them instead?

Thanks again,

Matthew