[gecode-users] [search engine] Set a starting point !

Aribi Noureddine aribi_noureddine at yahoo.fr
Tue Dec 4 18:20:33 CET 2012

Hi,
Actually, the idea of a starting point comes from ibm Ilog CP optimizer. Here is an example:
-------------------------------------
/* SET A STARTING POINT */
IloIntArray values(env, nb_val, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4);  // a feasible solution <0, 1, 2, 3, 4>
IloSolution sol(env);
    for(int c = 0; c < nb_val; c++){
sol.setValue(vars[c], values[c]);
    }
cp.setStartingPoint(sol);
cp.solve();

The feasible solution can be found using some greedy algo, and thus can enhance the B&B search engin.

Best regards,
_ _ _
Noureddine ARIBI