[gecode-users] nested cost functions

revo revo 4evo.11.ove4 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 06:36:56 CEST 2011

Thanks. One thing I'm confused by is that in talking to fellow colleagues,
they say that branch and bound isn't related to constraint programming. But
from the manual and Schulte's "Programming Constraint Inference Engines", it
seems like a best solution search using BAB is one form of constraint
programming.

Maybe if someone could direct me towards a tutorial that sharpens the
distinction between best solution search CP and optimization and how BAB
fits into gecode's CP framework (I thought I understood it as a search
technique, but now I'm being told it's unrelated to CP), I would be
enlightened.

~r