[gecode-users] Linear memory allocation

Farshid Hassani Bijarbooneh Farshid.Hassani at it.uu.se
Tue Sep 6 09:37:33 CEST 2011

Hello,

I have a model with 10^2 to 80^2 variables and linear constraints over 49 variables each. We have the following issues:
1. The code allocates at least 1Gb of memory for even N=50.
Changing the recomputation distance (-c-d) doesn't seem to help in this case.
2. Changing the consistency to Domain (line 187) causes the code to process endlessly! (Gist crashes) even for N=20
I suspected the domain consistency problem is because of the use of IntVarArray instead of BoolVarArray and changing to Bool fixed it, but still very strange that Int gets stuck.

Please find the code of the isolated problem attached.