[gecode-users] compile-time testing of gecode version

Denys Duchier denys.duchier at univ-orleans.fr
Mon Oct 24 21:26:08 CEST 2011

Hi Guys,

unless I missed it, there doesn't seem to be any simple way for a
gecode-using program to have #if/#ifdef sections conditioned on the
version of gecode it is being built against.  That's a pain for
portability.

In gecode-python, I just added the macro GECODE_VERSION_NUMBER
which is constructed in the same way as the boost version number:

For version X.Y.Z, the version number is X*100000+Y*100+Z

Would it be objectionable to add such a macro to gecode itself?

Cheers,

--Denys