[gecode-users] [ANN] gecode/python v0.20

Denys Duchier denys.duchier at univ-orleans.fr
Thu Oct 13 14:25:44 CEST 2011

I am pleased to announce release 0.20 of gecode-python, the simplified
gecode bindings for python.

WHAT'S NEW:

- updated for gecode 3.7.1
- raise python exception for c++ exception on variable creation
- fixed bug in intset construction, and as constraint parameter

get it either from pypi.python.org or from the lp:gecode-python branch
on launchpad.net.

INSTALL:

- from pypi using easy_install (provided by setuptools):

        sudo -E easy_install gecode-python
  or    easy_install gecode-python --prefix ~

  if you are upgrading a previous install:

        sudo -E easy_install -U gecode-python
  or    easy_install -U gecode-python --prefix ~

- from pypi using the tarball:

        tar zxf gecode-python-0.17.tar.gz
        cd gecode-python-0.17
        sudo -E python setup.py install
  or    python setup.py install --prefix ~

- using the launchpad branch:

        bzr branch lp:gecode-python
        cd gecode-python
        sudo -E python setup.py install
  or    python setup.py install --prefix ~

if you are installing using "--prefix ~" I recommend that:
1. you create directory ~/.local if it does not already exist
2. you create a symbolic link:
        ~/.local/lib   -> ~/lib
   or   ~/.local/lib64 -> ~/lib64
   depending on whether you have a ~/lib or a ~/lib64 directory in your
   home after install.
this will allow python to find your locally installed packages without
requiring you to fiddle with environment variable PYTHONPATH.

Cheers,

--Denys