[gecode-users] Scheduling

Alin alin_pt at yahoo.com
Mon May 30 12:07:20 CEST 2011

Christian Schulte <cschulte at ...> writes:

> Please use unary, that's what it is meant for.
>
> Christian

I have used unary, but I still have some problems

since I have more than one resource the
starting time must depend on the resource.

so I set the starting time to depend
on the resource asigned for the task
using the reified version of dom
like this:

for tasks and for resources that can do the task:
  BoolVar condition=expr(resource[i] == possible_resource_for_task_i);
  dom(home, start_time[i], set_possible_values, condition);

where i is the task.

The problem is that this always fails...
it tries to assign each resource possible
to the first task
and sets the starting times for that tasks

but considers that this has failed without tring any
values for the next resources.

Any idea why this happens ?
is there a better way to restrict the starting times
to depend on the resources or this is the correct
way to do it and I probably  have a bug ?

thanks!