[gecode-users] diffn constraint for Gecode

Sandro Pirkwieser pirkwieser at gmail.com
Thu May 26 21:34:10 CEST 2011

Dear Christian,

> Co-incidence: I have been adding a naïve (but better than the decomposition)
> version of the constraint to Gecode recently. I will move that code to the
> trunk this week (there are still some glitches to fix before that).

now that's convenient!
On which algorithm is it based?

> The plan is to eventually improve to a state-of-the-art implementation.

This sounds good.
Would you consider the sweep algorithm proposed by Beldiceanu and
Carlsson as state-of-the-art, or are there any alternatives? Btw do you
know which one is applied in JaCoP?

> Taking code directly from Jacop into Gecode will not work due to their
> license.

The intention was more to get an inspiration. Anyway, both frameworks
probably differ too much.

> Maybe you would even be interested to contribute? At least you
> would have a nice structure to start from.

Yes, we can indeed think about this. Though I am not yet in a state
where I can "hack" something into Gecode, it would be a good opportunity
to start doing so.

Best regards,
Sandro