[gecode-users] Watching Propagators

Max Ostrowski ChaosAngel at gmx.de
Mon Jun 20 10:05:12 CEST 2011

Sorry for reposting, i already asked this question 2 years ago, but now i managed to read more of the manual and my questions will be more refined.

For each constraint that i post, i want to find out which variables are propagated by the corresponding propagator.
Also the ordering would be interesting. I need this to build an SMT like System, to generate a "reason" why a certain reified constraint became true/false.

So can i somehow "watch" the propagate function, testing if the subscribed variables are pruned?

I first thought of "copying" the post functions of Gecode and implementing a "wrapper" propagator that wraps around the functions.
But i think this will not do the work, as propagators can be disposed and replaced at runtime, right ?

Do you have any other idea how i can find out which constraint is responsible for pruning the search space?
I want to avoid to modify Gecode, as i want to stay up to date.
This is also the reason why i do not simply want to copy all propagators to implement BookKeeping myself.

Best,
Max