[gecode-users] Memory issues with repeated execution of the script

Guido Tack tack at gecode.org
Thu Jun 16 10:31:19 CEST 2011

On 15 Jun 2011, at 17:33, Jan Kelbel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I found the following strange behavior of Gecode 3.5.0 when using 32bit windows binaries in Win XP and MS Visual Studio 2008:
>
> When the problem is infeasible and the total number of used nodes is 0, some memory is not released, and when the script is executed repeatedly, the consumed memory increases.

There are two memory leaks in the Driver module of Gecode 3.5.0 that become noticeable when searching a failed problem repeatedly . The first one was already fixed in the svn trunk (and was responsible for most of the leaked memory you saw), and I found a second small leak just now and also fixed it.  Thanks for the report!

Guido Tack, http://people.cs.kuleuven.be/~guido.tack/