[gecode-users] IIS using undoing

Guido Tack tack at gecode.org
Mon Jul 18 12:54:24 CEST 2011

On 18 Jul 2011, at 12:03, Max Ostrowski wrote:

> Thanks for the information.
> Do you think that recomputation in this case could pay off?

I don't know.  In terms of memory, possibly.  In terms of runtime, only if the search tree is deep.

> Furthmore, to turn it into a constraint problem, how could i configure my search in a way that the reified constraint xb==x becomes true/false, without labeling xb.
> I can not set xb to true/false, because i want the propagation of the other constraints to be the cause that xb comes true/false.

You can't use reification to observe anything about propagation, there's no reliable notion of "cause" here.  The only thing you can observe are solutions of the problem, i.e., whether an assignment satisfies the constraints (including the reified ones) or not.  And for that it doesn't matter if the xb are labeled before or after the other variables (as Chris has pointed out).