[gecode-users] IIS using undoing

Christopher Jefferson caj21 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Mon Jul 18 12:09:15 CEST 2011

On 18 Jul 2011, at 11:03, Max Ostrowski wrote:

> Thanks for the information.
> Do you think that recomputation in this case could pay off?
> Furthmore, to turn it into a constraint problem, how could i configure my search in a way that the reified constraint xb==x becomes true/false, without labeling xb.

Don't try to do that. You should always aim to branch on all the variables.

You could put them at the end of the variable ordering, where they should already be assigned. Also, it might well be that allowing them to be branched on early might produce the smallest searches, it is worth exploring the possibilities.

Chris