[gecode-users] Loading the C runtime library without using a manifest

Joe Porter joe.porter at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 14:20:53 CET 2011

Let me be the second user to complain, then.  I built two very similar
applications against Gecode 3.4.2 (VS 2010 and Win 7).  One worked fine, and
the other couldn't find the C runtime.  We compared the project settings
between the two, and found that the first was actually picking up the C
runtime from another library in the project just by luck.  Stealing the
manifest from the working binary and adding it to the second binary caused
the second to work as well.  Obviously that's not the ideal solution long
term, and really only worked because the dependencies were fairly simple in
both cases.

-Joe Porter
ISIS, Vanderbilt University