[gecode-users] Loading the C runtime library without using a manifest

Alexander Kleff alexander.kleff at ptv.de
Fri Jan 14 15:52:17 CET 2011

Hi everyone!
According to the last sentence in the last mail under "Linking to Gecode with Microsoft Visual C++" you wait until somebody complains about the absence of a manifest.
Well, I had some trouble loading Gecode libraries as I ran into the Microsoft runtime error R6034 which is "An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library without using a manifest." Since Gecode doesn't come with a manifest, I added a <dependency> statement for the needed runtime to the manifest of the calling application manually. So now it loads but it seems to me that it would be "cleaner" to have this in Gecode. Do you agree? Or am I mislead?
For the sake of completeness, I'm currently migrating to Visual Studio 2010 under Win7. By the way, the calling application is written in C#.
Best regards,
Alexander