[gecode-users] question about channeling intvars<->set

Marco Correia marco.v.correia at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 02:06:03 CET 2011

Hi!

In the reference manual,

http://www.gecode.org/doc-
latest/reference/group__TaskModelSetConnect.html#ga1bde4fb2947a0b93cf248e75e078969e

it says that channel(IntVarArgs x, SetVar s) posts the propagator for

{ x_1,...,x_{n-1} } = y and x_i < x_{i-1}

1. I'm not sure I'm getting the correct meaning. This means that the
propagator also forces x to be sorted in increasing order, right?

2. If 1 is correct, then what is the most efficient way of enforcing a similar
constraint but without the requirement that x is sorted? Should I use the sort
global constraint on x to map it to an xsorted and then channel xsorted
instead?

3. I guess there is a typo in the reference manual. In the latex expression it
refers to y, where the constraint says the SetVar arg is called s.

Thanks!
Marco

--
Marco Correia <mvc at netcabo.pt>