[gecode-users] Which version of MSVC on Windows?

Alin alin_pt at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 15 23:07:38 CET 2011

http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/101942/error-c2666-3-overloads-have-similar-conversions

http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/99178/the-compiler-declares-an-invalid-built-in-operator#details

> Thanks for all the info, now I can continue,
> knowing that It's that compiler that does something wrong
> and not me :D

Well actually i still need to stick with MSVC 2005, so I modified the code to
compile with MSVC 2005, it's not that much work, only had to help the compiler
in deciding what type to use:

so what I did was to modify the files at the coresponding line

gecode\gist\gist.hpp(163)
gecode\gist\gist.hpp(167)
gecode\gist\gist.hpp(171)
gecode\gist\gist.hpp(175)
gecode\driver\options.hpp(362)
gecode\driver\options.hpp(366)
gecode\driver\options.hpp(370)
gecode\driver\options.hpp(374)

and do a static cast to int for the parameter of the
call: someobject[mustcast]

like this example:
from:  _click[n_click++]
to:    _click[static_cast<int>(n_click++)]

I imagine that there is no use in doing this for the new releases yourself, but
if you want I can provide the modified source code to work with MSVC 2005 or
even the already compiled binary files (I compiled it only without gist because
of configuration problems with qt, but this should be fixed soon)

Alin Gherman