[gecode-users] Compile problem

fei liu liufei.yige at yahoo.com.cn
Thu Aug 18 16:56:19 CEST 2011

Dear Developers,

     According to the precedure in the section of  Modeling and Programming with Gecode, I tried to compile Gecode by myself.

    My configuration:
     - Windows Vista, 64-bit
     - Microsof visual studio 2008 professional.
     - Cygwin

    Everything is ok (from configure to make to make install), but I can not open any file when I use them in Microsof visual studio.

    I also noticed that in your manual, you said that to compile on Cygwin, but link against to windows libraries instead of the Cygwin libraries, using the following command
    ./configure CC= "gcc-4 -mno-Cygwin" CXX= "g++-4 -mno-Cygwin"

    However, I do not use GCC, but Microsof visual studio. Do you think this is where the problem occurs?  How to set it if I use the compiler of Microsof visual studio?

    Thank you very much.
     Fei Liu