[gecode-users] GeCode vs Minizinc solver

Andrei Neboian andrei.neboian at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 25 11:43:07 CEST 2011

Dear All,

I have built a scheduling model in MiniZinc, which I tried running with
GeCode and the MiniZinc solver.

The in-built LAZY solver of MiniZinc is very efficient and quick in getting
results, while GeCode requires significantly more time to get (first)
results. At the same time, the LAZY solver has a memory issue (and crashes)
when the model is large, but the GeCode doesn't! So I would still like to
try using GeCode instead...

Am I forgetting something when running the GeCode model - why is it so much
slower than the minizinc solver? I do incorporate the GeCode library when
generating the fzn-file out of mzn. Is there anything else? How can I make
GeCode run as fast as the lazy solver of minizinc?

Thanks for help!

Best,
Andi