[gecode-users] Benchmarks comparing Gecode to other systems?

Mikael Zayenz Lagerkvist zayenz at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 14:20:38 CEST 2011

Hi,

We used to have benchmarks against a few other systems (ILOG Solver, SICStus
Prolog, Mozart/Oz), but decided not to maintain those anymore. The purpose
of the benchmarks was to show that Gecode is a system with at least
competitive performance. We felt that it was no longer useful to do these
detailed comparisons.

For some interesting results comparing different modern systems, see the
results from the MiniZinc competition. Also, when comparing different
systems it is very important to remember the lessons from
  'On Benchmarking Constraint Logic Programming Platforms. Response to
Fernandez and Hill's “A Comparative Study of Eight Constraint Programming
Languages over the Boolean and Finite Domains”',
  Mark Wallace, Joachim Schimpf, Kish Shen and Warwick Harvey
  (http://www.springerlink.com/content/gn1h43w83721m667/)

Cheers,
Mikael

Mikael Zayenz Lagerkvist, http://www.ict.kth.se/~zayenz/